The Longevity and Maintenance of Anti-ageing TreatmentsAugust 31, 2021
Dermal fillers are hailed as the popular kid in school for a reason. This anti-ageing treatment is quick, convenient, and has noticeable results. However, time is never on anyone’s side, especially not with dermal fillers.
There are many factors behind the longevity of fillers, such as the type, amount, and metabolic rate. One of the most critical factors that affect the lasting power of fillers is how quickly your metabolism processes it. Thus, the extent of the filler’s effects is different for everybody.
So, it doesn’t matter if one decides to undergo treatment for wrinkle-smoothing in Huddersfield or anywhere else in the world. If you are considering coming in for dermal fillers, it is important to understand the basics of aesthetic procedures and how they can be maintained.
Choose the Right Location
Certain areas of the face that are prone to regular and elastic movements, such as the mouth, will cause the filler to break down more quickly than other parts that are much less mobile.
For instance, lip fillers last up to six months since the mouth moves more often than any other facial feature. In contrast, fillers for tear troughs or the area under the eye that may appear swollen and sunken much longer.
Choose the Right Injectible
There are a lot of options in choosing an injectible, but the best one depends on your specific goals. To spark an idea, here are some substances that fillers can be made of:
- Hyaluronic acid – This is a primary ingredient in most tissue fillers as this is a substance that occurs naturally in the body. It provides a youthful bounce to the skin, so it is used to fill wrinkles or define the cheeks, jawline, and lips. Fillers such as Juvederm treatments, Restylane, and Belotero can last for a few months to over two years.
- Poly-L-lactic acid – This is a synthetic polymer that boosts collagen production and is used to restore facial volume due to ageing, sun damage, or poor skincare. It’s the primary ingredient in Sculptra treatment that gets rid of collagen loss that results in a sunken, haggard, and gaunt look.
- Calcium hydroxylapatite – This is an ingredient that supercharges the production of collagen and has an instant plumping effect. This is a substance in Radiesse and can last up to 18 months.
- Collagen and polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA) – This is an excellent solution for deep lines, acne scars, and collagen loss, and it can last up to five years.
Observe Proper Maintenance Habits
The lasting power of fillers cannot be controlled, but there are ways to help maintain the treatment.
- Hydration – Drinking enough water every day is a great way to prolong the effect of dermal fillers, especially hyaluronic acid-based treatments. Drink eight glasses of water daily and use moisturiser.
- Minimise stress – Stress is your number one enemy because it causes serious problems in one’s health, and it can interfere with the longevity of your fillers. It’s best to cut out anything that causes unhappiness and spend time on relaxing activities.
- Stay away from the sun – Harmful UV rays contribute to fast ageing and break down the filler’s ingredients in a heartbeat. Make sure to apply at least 30 SPF sunscreen when going outside and at PMA Medical we carry a full range of medicated skincare and can advise on the best skin care regime to maximise the effects of any treatments.
If you are considering dermal fillers, do extensive research on reputable skin clinics and study up on potential side effects. Only consult with a trained medical professional to assess and offer the best solutions and possible alternatives.
Are you looking for fillers in Huddersfield? Jen Vittanuova Medical Aesthetics is here to provide diagnostic and screening procedures and services in aesthetic treatments and skincare. We also offer slimming procedures and treatments for disease, disorder, and injury set in a luxurious clinic to render the best experience. Book an appointment today!